- Fund raiser event planning,
- legal document preparation,
- clinic intake form processing,
- Spanish to English translation,
- paralegal work study students and
- volunteer attorneys to provide counsel and advice at our legal aid clinics.
All volunteers are provided training and work under the supervision of the clinic managing attorney.
please fill out your contact information on the right.
Inland Empire Latino Lawyer’s Association, Inc. is seeking an exceptionally dedicated full time English/Spanish speaking Staff Attorney to manage the organization’s legal aid clinics.
This is an ideal job for an attorney who wants to join a community based non-profit organization that provides free legal assistance to low-income people in the counties of the Inland Empire.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Staff Attorney is responsible for the overall day-to-day operations of the legal aid clinics. This includes supervising, training and motivating clinic volunteers and interns to provide the highest quality legal services in accordance with the program guidelines. Collaborate and cooperate with Director to advance Program goals and ensure a clean annual audit.
Other responsibilities include but are not limited to
• Maintain an active and high case load.
• Coordinate and supervise the activities of all aspects of the clinic that include but are not limited to the intake process, providing legal service to low income clients and their legal issues within the sub-grant agreement, recruit pro-bono attorneys and recruit and train interns.
• Asses legal matters, specifically, in areas of Family Law, Landlord/Tenant, Limited Civil and Expungements.
• Ensure that legal services provided comply with LSC regulations, IOLTA requirements and the requirements of other grants.
• Act as a liaison between clients, pro-bono attorneys, the organization and our partnership organizations.
• Conduct weekly client case doc handout appointments with priorities, policies and procedures and provide the highest quality client service.
• Public Speaking presenter for the Expungement Clinics and Teen Parent Program and supervise the preparation of materials for these presentations.
• Represent Teen Parents in Court and/or recruit a pro-bono attorney for courtroom representation.
• Must have a J.D., be licensed in CA, and be in good standing
• Must have a valid CA Driver’s License/Insurance and the ability to drive a personal vehicle to clinic sites and outreach events, mileage will be reimbursed
• Demonstrated commitment to working with low-income clients
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Ability to meet deadlines and perform multiple tasks while maintaining attention to detail
• Good people skills and the ability to maintain positive relations with a diverse population.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $21-23/hour depending on experience
Benefits: Full medical, dental, vision, and paid holidays after 90 days of employment
IELLA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER