Services .

IELLA provides assistance in the following legal areas:

Divorces / Legal Separations / Annulments
Custody / Visitation
Child support
Spousal support
Modifications to Child / Spousal support
Modifications to Child Custody / Visitation

Establishing Paternity
Restraining Orders
(Domestic Violence & Civil)
Landlord / Tenant
(Dispute Resolution & Eviction Defense)

Limited Civil Answers
(Debt collection actions)
Wage Garnishments
(Enforce Unpaid Child / Spousal Support)
(Stop Wage Garnishment due to Hardship)

Clinic Process .

Step – 1

You will individually meet with IELLA's Clinic Manager to quickly determine what type of legal matter you have. The Clinic Manager will sign you in. If you have any, please bring any court documents related to your case. If you have a case that we can assist you with, we will provide you with a questionnaire and additional packets to fill out. If you are a Legal Resident of the United States, make sure to bring your LPR Card with you.

Step – 2

You will then be individually interviewed to determine if you are eligible for our services and document case related information on to an intake.

Step – 3

After the interview, clients will have a break (rest period) before speaking to a pro bono attorney.

Step – 4

You will have a confidential (10 to 30 minute) consultation with a pro bono attorney to obtain legal counsel & advice. We will prepare the documents necessary for your particular case, based on the attorney's instructions. Keep in mind, that your legal paperwork is not prepared during our clinics.

Expungement Clinics.

Learn More

One Step Further Program.

Learn More


  • You must qualify as a low income individual.
  • You must physically live in either Riverside or San Bernardino County.
  • IELLA is able to help U.S. citizens, legal residents, and non-legal residents.
  • If your case is opened in Riverside or San Bernardino County, but you reside outside of Riverside or San Bernardino Counties, we will not be able to assist you.
  • You must have a legal matter that we assist with. We assist with limited civil and family law. If you are uncertain whether your case is an accepted case, please contact us for confirmation before attending a clinic. Briefly describe your legal matter to our staff and have your court case number, if applicable, available. We do not provide legal advice over the phone, the staff member that you will be speaking to cannot advice you about your case.
  • Since we receive federal and non-federal funds such as from United Way and the State Bar of California, we must adhere to their specific requirements. We do not disclose our eligibility guidelines.
  • If you have a case that we can help you with, you must attend a legal aid clinic to determine if you are eligible for our services.
  • You will be asked to sign an Asset and Debt Acknowledgment and Declaration of Income under penalty of perjury that the information you provided was correct.
  • We do not determine eligibility over the phone.

Clinics .





Riverside Saturday